The UW-Madison Marching Band has performed its famous “Fifth Quarter” to appreciative audiences all over the country, including at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena three years in a row. The incomparable UW Band will be marching lockstep in Milwaukee’s North Shore March 10, as it performs songs from its famous Fifth Quarter and more in the Nicolet High School gymnasium. This second “Band Together” concert is being hosted to support the four school district foundations in the North Shore; Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill and Nicolet High School.
A Community Tailgate will take place before the concert. In addition to refreshments, available for purchase, the event will feature a silent auction, an instrument “Petting Zoo” hosted by Brass Bell, and performances by local school bands. A push-up contest featuring Bucky Badger will take place during intermission.
The public is encouraged to join in this afternoon of music, fun and community spirit.
A special "thank you" to the City of Glendale and Koss Corporation for sponsoring this event.
When: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Tailgate and Silent auction: 12:00 p.m.
Concert begins at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Nicolet High School
6701 N. Jean Nicolet Rd.
Glendale, WI 53217
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at any of the four district schools or can be purchased using PayPal by going to http://www.nicolet.k12.wi.us/people/foundation.cfm
and clicking the DONATE button. (Tickets purchased online are $11 to cover fees and handling.)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Tradition Continues: BMO Harris Bank Display Opens December 2
- MECA's Angels for Animals
- Winter Fun at North Shore Library
- City of Glendale Menorah Lighting Ceremony: Community-wide “Light up the Night!” event to celebrate Chanukah
- Seniors Holiday Party
- Music and Dance in Abundance at Holiday Folk Fair International
- Seniors Lunch and Theater Outing
- Free Showing of "People Like Us"
- Specially Trained Dermatologist Joins Madison Medical Team
- City of Glendale to celebrate Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony at Bayshore Town Center