The UW-Madison Marching Band has performed its famous “Fifth Quarter” to appreciative audiences all over the country, including at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena three years in a row. The incomparable UW Band will be marching lockstep in Milwaukee’s North Shore March 10, as it performs songs from its famous Fifth Quarter and more in the Nicolet High School gymnasium. This second “Band Together” concert is being hosted to support the four school district foundations in the North Shore; Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill and Nicolet High School.
A Community Tailgate will take place before the concert. In addition to refreshments, available for purchase, the event will feature a silent auction, an instrument “Petting Zoo” hosted by Brass Bell, and performances by local school bands. A push-up contest featuring Bucky Badger will take place during intermission.
The public is encouraged to join in this afternoon of music, fun and community spirit.
A special "thank you" to the City of Glendale and Koss Corporation for sponsoring this event.
When: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Tailgate and Silent auction: 12:00 p.m.
Concert begins at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Nicolet High School
6701 N. Jean Nicolet Rd.
Glendale, WI 53217
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at any of the four district schools or can be purchased using PayPal by going to http://www.nicolet.k12.wi.us/people/foundation.cfm
and clicking the DONATE button. (Tickets purchased online are $11 to cover fees and handling.)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seniors Holiday Luncheon
- St. Robert School Turns 100
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Free Showing of "The Imitation Game"
- iPic Theaters Salutes Veterans & Active Military November 11 with Free Ticket
- NICOLET HIGH SCHOOL TO HOST ARTISAN’S FAIR
- Glendale Student Performs as Exemplary Soloist
- St. John's Lutheran Church of Glendale to Host Dinner and Celebration to Honor Veterans
- Lions and Tigers and Cougars?