The UW-Madison Marching Band has performed its famous “Fifth Quarter” to appreciative audiences all over the country, including at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena three years in a row. The incomparable UW Band will be marching lockstep in Milwaukee’s North Shore March 10, as it performs songs from its famous Fifth Quarter and more in the Nicolet High School gymnasium. This second “Band Together” concert is being hosted to support the four school district foundations in the North Shore; Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills, Maple Dale-Indian Hill and Nicolet High School.
A Community Tailgate will take place before the concert. In addition to refreshments, available for purchase, the event will feature a silent auction, an instrument “Petting Zoo” hosted by Brass Bell, and performances by local school bands. A push-up contest featuring Bucky Badger will take place during intermission.
The public is encouraged to join in this afternoon of music, fun and community spirit.
A special "thank you" to the City of Glendale and Koss Corporation for sponsoring this event.
When: Sunday, March 10, 2013
Tailgate and Silent auction: 12:00 p.m.
Concert begins at 1:30 p.m.
Where: Nicolet High School
6701 N. Jean Nicolet Rd.
Glendale, WI 53217
Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at any of the four district schools or can be purchased using PayPal by going to http://www.nicolet.k12.wi.us/people/foundation.cfm
and clicking the DONATE button. (Tickets purchased online are $11 to cover fees and handling.)
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elite Sports Clubs Glendale Offers Free ‘Yoga/Meditation for Sleep’ Class in March
- Black History Month, Celebrate Smokers Quitting and Becoming a Part of History
- Band Together Concert Fundraiser to feature UW-Madison Marching Band
- Glendale Seniors' 42nd Anniversary Party Coming Up
- Essay Winners from the Daughters of the American Revolution - Milwaukee Chapter
- Milwaukee-based SASI has expanded its service offerings to include Health Savings Accounts - adds staff
- Author Discusses His Award-Winning Book About the Struggle for Racial Justice in the “Selma of the North”
- Free Showing of "The Hundred-Foot Journey"
- J. K. Lee Black Belt Academy’s 21st Annual Board Break-a-Thon
- Joint Intensivist Program