Nicolet High School Awards Johnson Mathematics Scholarship
The Johnson Mathematics Scholarship was established by David R. Johnson in memory of his parents, Ray and Viola Johnson and his uncle, Roy Johnson. Mr. Johnson taught math at Nicolet for 33 years, received the Presidential Award for Excellence in Mathematics Teaching in 1983, and was Chair of the Math Department when he retired in 1991. The recipient of the scholarship must be a positive citizens in the school community and must demonstrate a high level of interest and achievement in Mathematics as evidenced by his enrollment in an accelerated or honors math program for all four years and be in the upper 20% of his/her class. This year’s recipients are Mark Ambrose and Keith Lewis.
Mark has been in the Honors Math curriculum all 4 years and is currently taking both AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics. Mark has also served Nicolet as a President of Student Council. Mark plans on attending Notre Dame.
Keith began taking Honors Math classes at Nicolet as a 7th grader and has completed all Honors Math classes at Nicolet including AP Calculus BC and AP Statistics. Keith plans on attending the University of Wisconsin at Madison.
- K4/Junior Kindergarten registration begins January 14
- St. Robert School Turns 100
- Cardinal Stritch University celebrates 2014 Alumni Award winners
- Lucky Boys Ride Fire Truck To School
- Indian Hill Junior Kindergarten registration
- UW-Parkside announces 2012-2013 Glendale graduate
- Black History Program at Nicolet 2/28/12
- Educators Invited To Wisconsin Retirement System Seminar
- Rotary Club Presents Service Awards To North Shore Students
- Jacob Frazer Selected As Badger Boys State Representative