People who need seasonal flu shots can stop by Aurora QuickCare sites now to be immunized.
“October is the perfect time to get your seasonal flu shot because it allows people to develop full immunity before the flu season arrives,” said Janet Teske, nurse practitioner and Aurora QuickCare manager. “There has been a lot of news about the H1N1 flu this year, but the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reminds us that seasonal flu immunizations are just as important as those for H1N1.”
Cost for a seasonal flu vaccination is $30 when paying by cash or credit card, and pneumonia shots are $45. H1N1 vaccine is not expected to be available until mid-October.
Flu shots also are available through Aurora Visiting Nurse Association Shoo the Flu & Pneumonia Too! flu clinics, as well as at Aurora physician offices and Aurora Pharmacy sites. For more information about the flu and where to get a flu shot, log on to www.Aurora.org/flu
In addition to seasonal flu shots, Aurora QuickCare providers can assess patients, write prescriptions, advise individuals on how to manage symptoms, or tell them if they will need additional care. Aurora QuickCare sites are staffed by health care providers supported by Aurora’s extensive network of physicians and facilities.
Aurora QuickCare offers tests to quickly diagnose common minor ailments, and services range from $49 to $69. QuickCare accepts most insurance plans, including Medicare.
Ailments treated and services provided at Aurora QuickCare include:
· Severe sore throat
· Ear infection
· Sinus infection
· Seasonal allergies
· Pink eye
· Minor rashes
· Female bladder infection
· Cholesterol screening
· Swimmer's ear
· Poison ivy
· Insect sting
· Diabetes screening
· Motion sickness
· Flu shots
Aurora QuickCare clinics can be found throughout eastern Wisconsin. For more information on Aurora QuickCare, including the location nearest you, visit www.Aurora.org/QuickCare or call 1-877-QUICK02.
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of health care. Aurora offers care at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- I Strongly Support JoAnn Shaw for Glendale Mayor
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- Area High School FACT Members Present at Joint Finance Committee Hearing