When many Christians think of Lent, they think of Friday fish fries and forgoing some treat. But Kingo Church in Shorewood will observe Lent with pancakes and prayer. Why that combination? In these trying times, the congregation wants to give its members and the greater community both a chance to gather for some fun, and an opportunity to find comfort and encouragement.
The fun will happen at the annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Feb. 24, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the church. Sausages and pancakes with all the trimmings will be on the menu. While there's no charge for the supper, freewill offerings will be accepted.
Prayer services will begin with an Ash Wednesday service on Feb. 25 at 7:00 p.m., featuring the imposition of ashes and Holy Communion. On Wednesday evenings beginning on March 4 and running through April 1, a service featuring the reflective music of Taize and prayers for healing with annointing will be held at 7:00 p.m. The church sanctuary also will be open those Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. for personal meditation.
Kingo is located at the corner of Wilson Drive and Olive Street in Shorewood. While Christians of all traditions are welcome to participate, Kingo also welcomes anyone from the community who would like to gather for community support and encouragement. For more information, call 414 964-2620, or email the church at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Milwaukee Rep Seeks New "Tiny Tim" and Other Young Performers for "A Christmas Carol"
- Heat and Art