When many Christians think of Lent, they think of Friday fish fries and forgoing some treat. But Kingo Church in Shorewood will observe Lent with pancakes and prayer. Why that combination? In these trying times, the congregation wants to give its members and the greater community both a chance to gather for some fun, and an opportunity to find comfort and encouragement.
The fun will happen at the annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Feb. 24, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the church. Sausages and pancakes with all the trimmings will be on the menu. While there's no charge for the supper, freewill offerings will be accepted.
Prayer services will begin with an Ash Wednesday service on Feb. 25 at 7:00 p.m., featuring the imposition of ashes and Holy Communion. On Wednesday evenings beginning on March 4 and running through April 1, a service featuring the reflective music of Taize and prayers for healing with annointing will be held at 7:00 p.m. The church sanctuary also will be open those Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. for personal meditation.
Kingo is located at the corner of Wilson Drive and Olive Street in Shorewood. While Christians of all traditions are welcome to participate, Kingo also welcomes anyone from the community who would like to gather for community support and encouragement. For more information, call 414 964-2620, or email the church at email@example.com.
- The Comedy of Errors
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- J&B Construction Explains Ways to Boost Your Home’s Curb Appeal
- 24th Annual Parish Nurse Conference At Concordia University Centers On Hope and Help
- BloodCenter CEO announces retirement
- Former Marquette Warriors Mascot and Nicolet High School Students Broach Stereotypes
- Concordia Student Makes 6,500 Mile Journey To Commencement
- Spring Festival at Polonia Sport Club
- Are you looking for great affordable day care option?
- Concordia University's Handbell Choir To Embark on 30th Annual Spring Tour