When many Christians think of Lent, they think of Friday fish fries and forgoing some treat. But Kingo Church in Shorewood will observe Lent with pancakes and prayer. Why that combination? In these trying times, the congregation wants to give its members and the greater community both a chance to gather for some fun, and an opportunity to find comfort and encouragement.
The fun will happen at the annual Shrove Tuesday pancake supper on Feb. 24, from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. at the church. Sausages and pancakes with all the trimmings will be on the menu. While there's no charge for the supper, freewill offerings will be accepted.
Prayer services will begin with an Ash Wednesday service on Feb. 25 at 7:00 p.m., featuring the imposition of ashes and Holy Communion. On Wednesday evenings beginning on March 4 and running through April 1, a service featuring the reflective music of Taize and prayers for healing with annointing will be held at 7:00 p.m. The church sanctuary also will be open those Wednesdays from 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. for personal meditation.
Kingo is located at the corner of Wilson Drive and Olive Street in Shorewood. While Christians of all traditions are welcome to participate, Kingo also welcomes anyone from the community who would like to gather for community support and encouragement. For more information, call 414 964-2620, or email the church at email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Flip Troiano, MD, co-founder of the “Wellness University,” engages a class on how to “Preserve Your Brain!”
- Village of Shorewood Hosts Second Annual Plein Air Festival
- Polish Harvest Festival
- Nicolet Rec. Dept: Register for Flag Football
- Dominican Football
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Tryout Info for Youth Girls & Boys Basketball
- Last Whitefish Bay Community Band Concert on Sunday August 17, 2014
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. Upcoming Programs
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host 13th Annual Big League Blood Drive