“Brilliant Night, Dazzling Lights” to mark official start of holiday shopping season
The City of Glendale and Bayshore Town Center will present the Seventh Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony in Bayshore’s Town Square on Friday, November 16 at 6 p.m. Attendees of this free event will be able to kick off the holiday season participating in the countdown to the tree lighting, when hundreds of lights will be turned on to illuminate the distinct 50-foot tree at the heart of the City.
Attendees will also be able to enjoy:
•An appearance by the Florentine Opera
•A Milwaukee Ballet Performance
•Horse-drawn carriage rides from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.
•Toy soldiers, snow fairies, stilt walkers and a visit from Santa
This family-friendly event will also include a variety of recreational activities, such as rides on the Canadian-Pacific Kiddie Train and tasty treats in the Town Square. There will be samplings and special gifts provided by Caribou Coffee, Boston Store, iPic Entertainment, California Pizza Kitchen, LaCoppa Gelato, Deerwood Orthodontics, Erehwon Mountain Outfitters and Potbelly Sandwich Shop.
Photos from last year’s tree lighting ceremony can be viewed and downloaded at http://tinyurl.com/glendaletreelighting.
City of Glendale: Located minutes from downtown Milwaukee, the City of Glendale is a premier destination in southeast Wisconsin, featuring a wide variety of top notch attractions with a small town feel. Glendale provides convenient access to four surrounding villages, as well as Miller Park, Amtrak and Greyhound stations, and General Mitchell International Airport. Glendale is also accessible by the Milwaukee County Transit System. With major hotel chains such as the Hilton Milwaukee River, Radisson Milwaukee Northshore, Residence Inn, Baymont Inn , La Quinta Inn and La Quinta Inn & Suites conveniently located near Interstate-43, we invite you to stay and enjoy the cultural amenities of Glendale and the surrounding area
Bayshore Town Center: Bayshore Town Center offers a shopping, dining, entertainment, and business office experience in a location that is more than 50 years old, but entirely recreated. New buildings have been combined with some of the existing Bayshore Mall infrastructure to create a 45-acre “town center” concept featuring 1.2 million square feet of retailers, restaurants, office space and residential space. There is also a town square that hosts public events and concerts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Stritch Community Orchestra seeks additional musicians
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Local Soccer Players Awarded Honor
- Homeopathic Doctor to Open Elements Massage in Mequon
- Get Your Kitchen Back to School Ready With Tips From Wisconsin Kitchen Mart
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Registration For Flag Football Now Available
- Glendale Seniors Begin New Year
- Big Daddy's Celebrates National Sandwich Month With A Sandwich Showdown Featuring Innovative Sandwiches From Guest Chefs Eric Greenspan And Ben Ford
- St. Robert School Centennial 5K | 2K Run/Walk- Sat., Aug. 29th