Aurora Health Care is pleased to announce the opening of the outpatient cancer facility on the campus of Aurora Medical Center Grafton.
This new 30,000 square foot outpatient facility offers a comprehensive cancer care program including infusion therapy, radiation, medical, breast, orthopedic and surgical oncology services. Staffed by Aurora’s highly trained team of physicians and caregivers, this facility promises to bring some of the most advanced cancer care available, closer to home.
“We know that the majority of cancer care is offered in an outpatient setting and these patients often have unique challenges,” says Len Wilk, president of Aurora Medical Center Grafton. “Therefore offering a separate building, designed to address the needs of cancer patients, allows us to provide specialized care. This is a better model for cancer patients to receive their care.”
Patients in Ozaukee County will have access to Aurora’s integrated cancer team, allowing them access to some of the most advanced cancer care in the entire nation.
“Working with Aurora’s integrated health system allows our patients to access treatments and specialists that simply are not available at other community hospitals,” says Dr. Scott Maul, director of Aurora Medical Center Grafton’s cancer program. “With the new outpatient cancer care center our patients will be able to receive the majority of their cancer care close to home. This will include nationally recognized clinical trials offering cutting edge options in cancer treatment, supportive services, physical therapy and survivorship programs. However, if a patient needs the use of one of the most advanced cancer tools, like a Cyber Knife, then we are able to seamlessly schedule their care at Aurora St. Luke’s Medical Center. We have almost every cancer fighting tool available at our finger tips.”
The new outpatient cancer center follows the direction of Aurora Medical Center Grafton and has been built to LEED specifications, making it one of the community’s most environmentally friendly buildings. “There is a clear relationship between human health and the health of our environment,” says Dr. Maul. “A healthy environment is important for our patients and may help to reduce cancer.”
Aurora Health Care is a not-for-profit Wisconsin based health care provider and a national leader in efforts to improve the quality of care. Aurora provides care at sites in more than 90 communities throughout eastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois.
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Milwaukee Rep Seeks New "Tiny Tim" and Other Young Performers for "A Christmas Carol"