For the past fifteen years, the Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore has presented to 14 outstanding boy and girl students from 7 North Shore High Schools, their "Service Above Self" awards. On May 23, 2011, the Rotary Club recognized at the Sheraton Hotel, not only their high grade marks, attendance, and involvement in sports and various committees, but just as importantly, their time given to working community hours, raising funds for needy groups, working with seniors, feeding the homeless, and many other worthy causes. They were presented with a Certificate, a monetary gift, and engraved plates to be put on plaques posted in their schools. The special awards were sponsored by the Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation and the North Shore Rotary Club.
Rotary is today, the first (1905) and largest service organization in the world with over 1,300,000 members worldwide, in 33,000 clubs, in over 200 countries. Its main mission is "Service Above Self" and in effect, these students become a direct link, early in life,
to increasing Rotary's capacity to provide service to all, which speaks to the heart of Rotary's mission. They enjoy incomparable
fellowship with one another and the great personal satisfaction that comes from serving others.
These students have shown that they will be our leaders of the future, and to give them this recognition will hopefully help them continue this positive path they have begun early in their lives.
We are proud to recognize the following Award Recipients:
Brown Deer HS - Kristin Gosse and Evan Naber
Dominican HS - Amelia Foss and Sam Starke
Homestead HS - Wendy Gao and NIkhil Ramnarayan
Nicolet HS - Rachel Wilkinson and Sahar Edalatpour
University School - Ivy McKee and Ishan Sinha
Whitefish Bay HS - Sophie Martin and Matthew Frick
Respectfully submitted - Owen Perry - President, Rotary Club of
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Local Author Shares Candid Insights, Wisdom, and Humor on Personal Fight with ALS in New Book – “Mom, You Peed On My Foot!”
- Nicolet Recreation Department Recgram - Upcoming Programs
- Join us for the Whitefish Bay Holiday Stroll!
- Seniors Holiday Luncheon
- St. Robert School Turns 100
- 13-Year-Old to Attempt to Break World Record at Holiday Folk Fair 5K Run
- Glendale’s Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony to Feature 40-foot Live Balsam Tree
- Local Contractor Joins Campaign for Hunger Relief
- Nicolet Rec.Dept. - 2016 Winter/Spring Programming Registration Info
- Holiday Folk Fair International to Feature Special Exhibits and Displays