For the past fifteen years, the Rotary Club of Milwaukee/North Shore has presented to 14 outstanding boy and girl students from 7 North Shore High Schools, their "Service Above Self" awards. On May 23, 2011, the Rotary Club recognized at the Sheraton Hotel, not only their high grade marks, attendance, and involvement in sports and various committees, but just as importantly, their time given to working community hours, raising funds for needy groups, working with seniors, feeding the homeless, and many other worthy causes. They were presented with a Certificate, a monetary gift, and engraved plates to be put on plaques posted in their schools. The special awards were sponsored by the Evan and Marion Helfaer Foundation and the North Shore Rotary Club.
Rotary is today, the first (1905) and largest service organization in the world with over 1,300,000 members worldwide, in 33,000 clubs, in over 200 countries. Its main mission is "Service Above Self" and in effect, these students become a direct link, early in life,
to increasing Rotary's capacity to provide service to all, which speaks to the heart of Rotary's mission. They enjoy incomparable
fellowship with one another and the great personal satisfaction that comes from serving others.
These students have shown that they will be our leaders of the future, and to give them this recognition will hopefully help them continue this positive path they have begun early in their lives.
We are proud to recognize the following Award Recipients:
Brown Deer HS - Kristin Gosse and Evan Naber
Dominican HS - Amelia Foss and Sam Starke
Homestead HS - Wendy Gao and NIkhil Ramnarayan
Nicolet HS - Rachel Wilkinson and Sahar Edalatpour
University School - Ivy McKee and Ishan Sinha
Whitefish Bay HS - Sophie Martin and Matthew Frick
Respectfully submitted - Owen Perry - President, Rotary Club of
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. | Fall Bulletin Registration Info
- Concordia University Wisconsin's Early Childhood Literacy Festival features Grafton author
- LOOKING FOR OLD GLENDALE POLICE VOLUNTEERS
- Concordia University Wisconsin Computer Science Tech Camp unleashes children's creativity
- Glendale volunteer police deparment reunion
- Greendale High School alum Kamilah Lay awarded scholarship
- Appliance Gallery Offers Maintenance Tips for Kitchen Appliances
- Silver Spring Drive Sidewalk Sale-A-Bration to Include 5 Card Studs Friday Evening and a Saturday Afternoon Adventure Zone
- ADVISE FOR SENIOR CITIZENS
- Milwaukee Rep Seeks New "Tiny Tim" and Other Young Performers for "A Christmas Carol"