The Glendale Senior Citizens Club (which is open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch "Crazy Heart" on a large-screen television in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, on Wednesday, October 27, 1 p.m. Admission is free.
Jeff Bridges, who received the 2009 Academy Award for Best Actor for this performance, plays a down-and-out country music singer/song writer who tries to turn his life around through a relationship with a young journalist, played by Maggie Gyllenhaal, who was nominated for the 2009 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. The movie also features Colin Farrell and Robert Duvall as well as the academy award-winning "best original song." Call 414-540-2100 for further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shakespeare in Shorewood
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- Newcastle Place staff completes training for Heartfelt Connections Memory Care Program
- WAMI Award Winner Singer/Songwriter Nora Collins
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Milwaukee Non-profit Aiding Children in Foster Care Seeks Help
- North Shore Suzuki Strings celebrates 25th anniversary
- Wisconsin Bank & Trust to Host Open House Events in Celebration of Merger with Community Bank & Trust
- Join us for the Nicolet Golf Outing on July 11th
- Lunch and Edelweiss Boat Tour