The Glendale Senior Citizens Club (which is open to everyone 55 years and over) will watch "Crazy Heart" on a large-screen television in the Senior Center on the lower level of Glen Hills Middle School, 2600 W. Mill Road, Glendale, on Wednesday, October 27, 1 p.m. Admission is free.
Jeff Bridges, who received the 2009 Academy Award for Best Actor for this performance, plays a down-and-out country music singer/song writer who tries to turn his life around through a relationship with a young journalist, played by Maggie Gyllenhaal, who was nominated for the 2009 Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress. The movie also features Colin Farrell and Robert Duvall as well as the academy award-winning "best original song." Call 414-540-2100 for further information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Do You Have a Silent Leak? Southeast Wisconsin Plumber Suggests Auditing Water Bill
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING ART SHOWCASE
- Glendale Mayoral Forum held on March 24
- Recycle Your Clothes for Earth Day!
- I Strongly Support JoAnn Shaw for Glendale Mayor
- Latest Developments in Alzheimer's Research
- HISPANIC PROFESSIONALS OF GREATER MILWAUKEE ANNOUNCES CRISTINA SARALEGUI AS KEYNOTE SPEAKER FOR FIVE STAR GALA
- Shakespeare Explains Life in Renaissance England
- Nicolet Rec. Dept. - Summer Registration Info
- Area High School FACT Members Present at Joint Finance Committee Hearing