The Dominican Knights were not quite the team they were a year ago and this state Division 4 title was not the foregone conclusion that last year's was, so kudos to first-year coach Derek Berger and his squad for challenging the state's best and coming out on top in Madison last weekend.
Minutes, in effect the entire game, that Diamond Stone, Duane Wilson and Jack Jelacic each played in Dominican's state semifinal win over Cuba City on March 7.
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The Homestead girls basketball team was a casualty ward all season, working with numerous freshmen and sophomores, playing games sometimes down six people and still the 8-15 Highlanders competed hard all winter. A talented 20-player freshmen class gives hope to coach Matt Heuser.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sectional baseball semifinal victors take two different paths
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Club versus prep sports: Kids need to make choices
- Brown Deer's Hudson stymies Shorewood, 5-1, in season finale
- Area baseball teams finish up regular season
- Both Shorewood and Nicolet baseball teams struggle
- Herbert and Clark leave Nicolet softball squad moving forward
- Young Nicolet baseball team holding together despite rough start
- In reloading mode, Homestead baseball team off to fast start
- Bay baseball team motivated and on top of North Shore