WIAA sectional gymnastics meets is at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay and Arrowhead (Saturday at 10:30 a.m.). Teams from Bay and Shorewood (at Bay) and Homestead and Nicolet (Arrowhead) vie for berths in the WIAA State Meet in Wisconsin Rapids on March 1 and 2.
Number of multi-time state qualifiers in the history of the Whitefish Bay wrestling program. They include Rashadeem Gray (three times) and Robert Smith and Joey Davey (twice each).
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The Homestead girls gymnastics team broke through the 140-point barrier for the first time this season and beat multi-time champion Whitefish Bay to the top in the North Shore/Greater Metro Conference gymnastics meet Saturday.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Football: Stewart rushes for 315 yards as Messwood overpowers Nicolet
- Menomonee Falls volleyball team opens season with win over Nicolet
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Glendale Little League team wins state title (1)
- North Shore area swim teams will have a different look this winter
- Football: Nicolet back, but Waukesha South shines in opener
- Football preview: Nicolet football program energized as varsity returns
- North Shore golfers get underway at Pius meet
- Senior-heavy Nicolet baseball team showed improvement this season
- North Shore area baseball teams drop tough regional contests