WIAA sectional gymnastics meets is at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay and Arrowhead (Saturday at 10:30 a.m.). Teams from Bay and Shorewood (at Bay) and Homestead and Nicolet (Arrowhead) vie for berths in the WIAA State Meet in Wisconsin Rapids on March 1 and 2.
Number of multi-time state qualifiers in the history of the Whitefish Bay wrestling program. They include Rashadeem Gray (three times) and Robert Smith and Joey Davey (twice each).
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The Homestead girls gymnastics team broke through the 140-point barrier for the first time this season and beat multi-time champion Whitefish Bay to the top in the North Shore/Greater Metro Conference gymnastics meet Saturday.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet gets a little momentum with win over West Bend East
- Shorewood, Whitefish Bay runners fought through pain to earn state track honors
- Former Nicolet standout pitcher Grodsky now in charge of baseball team
- Sports Shorts: June 4
- Nicolet track squads advance three entries to state meet
- Area netters adapt to new reality, advance several to state individual tournament
- Sports Shorts: May 21
- Homestead has just enough depth to pull away for fifth North Shore tennis title
- Cooperation helped Whitefish Bay softball tourney work despite weather
- Veteran Shorewood netters claim Woodland dual meet crown