WIAA sectional gymnastics meets is at 4:30 p.m. Friday at Whitefish Bay and Arrowhead (Saturday at 10:30 a.m.). Teams from Bay and Shorewood (at Bay) and Homestead and Nicolet (Arrowhead) vie for berths in the WIAA State Meet in Wisconsin Rapids on March 1 and 2.
Number of multi-time state qualifiers in the history of the Whitefish Bay wrestling program. They include Rashadeem Gray (three times) and Robert Smith and Joey Davey (twice each).
QUOTE OF THE WEEK
TEAM OF THE WEEK
The Homestead girls gymnastics team broke through the 140-point barrier for the first time this season and beat multi-time champion Whitefish Bay to the top in the North Shore/Greater Metro Conference gymnastics meet Saturday.
- Steven L. Tietz
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Quam did all he could to get Nicolet football team ready
- "A one-year thing:" Nicolet cancels its varsity football season
- Nicolet cancels varsity football season
- Sectional baseball semifinal victors take two different paths
- Likable Homestead baseball team stuns Bay for state berth
- Club versus prep sports: Kids need to make choices
- Brown Deer's Hudson stymies Shorewood, 5-1, in season finale
- Area baseball teams finish up regular season
- Both Shorewood and Nicolet baseball teams struggle
- Herbert and Clark leave Nicolet softball squad moving forward