Corey Wolf has resigned as Nicolet girls basketball coach.
"It's all about my family," said the mother of three, ages 7, 5 and 1. "I just want to spend more time with them. With their schooling and their activities, I just want to be able to see them a little more."
Wolf made the resignation official yesterday. She spent nine very successful years with the Knights, winning six North Shore Conference titles including the last four in a row, with a WIAA State D1 championship in 2011 thrown in for good measure.
Wolf initially made her name in basketball as a Nicolet's hard-charging point guard back in the mid-1990s when she was known as Corey Bronson. She graduated in 1995 and played basketball and earned her masters' degree from Marquette University in physical therapy in 2001.
She currently works for Aurora Advanced Healthcare.
Her husband Jeff Wolf was the long-time assistant coach for the Nicolet baseball team before taking over the head baseball coaching job at Germantown in recent years.
"Jeff has been really supportive of me. He would have been happy either way," said Corey. "He's just not sure I'll be happy now (laughs), because I really can't remember a time when I didn't have basketball in my life."
Wolf said she didn't think about stepping back much at all during the season.
"I wanted to be focused on the task at hand and give the kids (the players) the best experience possible," she said. "I wanted to do right by them, but after the season was done, I wanted to give myself some time and think about it. Make sure I knew I was making the right decision."
"And this will be tough, but I'm sure I'll get my basketball fix from watching the games (at Nicolet) and from watching my kids who are playing in college right now. I wish I could do it (coaching) forever, but I love my family more and that's what it came down to."
- Lund is new Nicolet girls basketball coach
- Nicolet baseball team improved despite its youth
- Nicolet baseball team goes down fighting in regional loss to Kewaskum
- Whitefish Bay's Rybakowicz shuts out Brown Deer in regional semi
- MVC Boys Club team takes third in volleyball nationals
- Sports Wraps: July 14, 2016
- Nicolet baseball team sneaks out a couple of close ones
- Sports Shorts: July 7, 2016
- Sports Shorts: June 30, 2016
- Whitefish Bay baseball team bounces back with win over Nicolet