Glendale - A 52-year-old Glendale woman, president of the Nicolet High School's Booster Club, was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused to follow directions given to her by school officials and police, with whom she physically struggled at the homecoming football game at the school, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, at 7:35 p.m. Sept. 21.
The keg of root beer, which resembled a beer keg, was set up near the tennis courts. Nicolet Principal Greg DePue asked that it be removed because people might assume it held beer and because students were doing "keg stands" - handstands on the keg - and could be injured. Other members of the club and the woman refused to move the keg.
The woman said it was being donated to the school. She was told the school would not accept the donation, and again she and the group were asked to remove it. The woman "adamantly refused" according to a police report, and was "defiant, argumentative and rude," grabbing hold of the keg's tapper and refusing to let go. She struggled with an officer. She was told she was under arrest, but she continued to struggle and was forced to the ground by two officers. She was handcuffed and police took her, the keg and tapper to the station. She paid the bond of $177 and has a nonmandatory court date of Oct. 25.
In other homecoming news, there were reports of vandalism and a theft during preparation for Nicolet's homecoming Sept. 20 and 21.
Graffiti was found in the boys bathroom, at the pool and on a window. A mannequin was found hanging outside the principal's office, a radio valued at $289 was taken from the swim coach's office, and a $1,260 school computer was found in the pool.
School officials also canceled the homecoming pep rally due to "a possible disruption" Sept. 21.
- Major changes in the works for Bayshore Town Center
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore region
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Glendale mayor vetoes backyard chicken ban
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board (1)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet student explores naturalist ancestor
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park (3)