Glendale - A 52-year-old Glendale woman, president of the Nicolet High School's Booster Club, was arrested for disorderly conduct after she refused to follow directions given to her by school officials and police, with whom she physically struggled at the homecoming football game at the school, 6701 N. Jean Nicolet Road, at 7:35 p.m. Sept. 21.
The keg of root beer, which resembled a beer keg, was set up near the tennis courts. Nicolet Principal Greg DePue asked that it be removed because people might assume it held beer and because students were doing "keg stands" - handstands on the keg - and could be injured. Other members of the club and the woman refused to move the keg.
The woman said it was being donated to the school. She was told the school would not accept the donation, and again she and the group were asked to remove it. The woman "adamantly refused" according to a police report, and was "defiant, argumentative and rude," grabbing hold of the keg's tapper and refusing to let go. She struggled with an officer. She was told she was under arrest, but she continued to struggle and was forced to the ground by two officers. She was handcuffed and police took her, the keg and tapper to the station. She paid the bond of $177 and has a nonmandatory court date of Oct. 25.
In other homecoming news, there were reports of vandalism and a theft during preparation for Nicolet's homecoming Sept. 20 and 21.
Graffiti was found in the boys bathroom, at the pool and on a window. A mannequin was found hanging outside the principal's office, a radio valued at $289 was taken from the swim coach's office, and a $1,260 school computer was found in the pool.
School officials also canceled the homecoming pep rally due to "a possible disruption" Sept. 21.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale cop shot, injured after chasing alleged Porsche thief
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 6, 2015
- Glendale evaluates city hall improvements
- 'Milwaukee lion' spotted in Glendale (2)
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore communities react to state ban on municipal home inspections at time of sale
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting
- North Shore Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Glendale man turns craft beer into specialty malt vinegars
- Estabrook Dam opponents submit petition to Glendale (3)