Over 400 veterans, volunteers, and friends of Stars and Stripes Honor Flight will walk the red carpet Thursday, Nov. 29 as the North Shore Cinema screens the documentary "Honor Flight".
Stars and Stripes Honor Flight is a local chapter of the Honor Flight Network, a nation-wide group of volunteers, organizers, and donors who ensure that World War II veterans are able to visit the Washington D.C. WWII memorial.
Three local veterans featured in the film will be in attendance: 87-year-old Joe Demler of Port Washington; 87-year-old Harvey Kurz of Grafton; and 89-year-old Julian Plaster of Milwaukee.
The fourth local veteran in the film, Orville Lemke of Milwaukee, passed away six weeks after his honor flight.
Veterans will arrive at 5 p.m. and the screening begins at 6 p.m. Honor Flight will run in select Marcus theaters in Wisconsin from Dec. 5-7.
North Shore Cinema is located at 11700 N. Port Washington Road in Mequon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale considers proposal for 83-room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives (1)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- St. John's Lutheran will celebrate 150th anniversary on Sunday
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Music in the Glen kicks off Sunday
- Nicolet School District partners with colleges to offer transcripted courses (1)