Over 400 veterans, volunteers, and friends of Stars and Stripes Honor Flight will walk the red carpet Thursday, Nov. 29 as the North Shore Cinema screens the documentary "Honor Flight".
Stars and Stripes Honor Flight is a local chapter of the Honor Flight Network, a nation-wide group of volunteers, organizers, and donors who ensure that World War II veterans are able to visit the Washington D.C. WWII memorial.
Three local veterans featured in the film will be in attendance: 87-year-old Joe Demler of Port Washington; 87-year-old Harvey Kurz of Grafton; and 89-year-old Julian Plaster of Milwaukee.
The fourth local veteran in the film, Orville Lemke of Milwaukee, passed away six weeks after his honor flight.
Veterans will arrive at 5 p.m. and the screening begins at 6 p.m. Honor Flight will run in select Marcus theaters in Wisconsin from Dec. 5-7.
North Shore Cinema is located at 11700 N. Port Washington Road in Mequon.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: July 31, 2014
- Nicolet drops national lunch program
- Israel-Palestine conflict hits home in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: July 24, 2014
- Letters to the Editor: July 17, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 17, 2014
- Mequon-Thiensville Police Reports: July 17, 2014
- North Shore Police Reports: July 10, 2014
- Glendale brothers accused of arson
- North Shore Police Report: July 3, 2014