Glendale — Glendale police have arrested two Milwaukee men in connection with the murder of Peter M. Holzberger, 65, who lived at 6374 North Port Washington Road, according to a GPD news release.
Holzberger was reported missing by a friend late last week, prompting a missing person investigation by Glendale police, who found Holzberger dead in his home.
The investigation produced the two suspects, a 25-year-old and 28-year-old man, both city of Milwaukee residents. Police say Holzberger knew the men.
Glendale police plan to file murder charges against both suspects with the District Attorney's Office tomorrow.
Holzberger was a graduate of Riverside High School in Milwaukee and later the Milwaukee Area Technical College, according to archived local election coverage from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
He was a former member of the Glendale Environmental Council and transparency advocate who threw his hat in the ring three times for Glendale's 3rd Aldermanic District in the 1990s and early 2000s. In each of his three attempts, Holzberger lost out to longtime incumbent William Huegel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- Glendale hotel could be flipped into apartment complex
- North Shore Kids Expo connects families with activities
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness (1)
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016