Glendale — Glendale police have arrested two Milwaukee men in connection with the murder of Peter M. Holzberger, 65, who lived at 6374 North Port Washington Road, according to a GPD news release.
Holzberger was reported missing by a friend late last week, prompting a missing person investigation by Glendale police, who found Holzberger dead in his home.
The investigation produced the two suspects, a 25-year-old and 28-year-old man, both city of Milwaukee residents. Police say Holzberger knew the men.
Glendale police plan to file murder charges against both suspects with the District Attorney's Office tomorrow.
Holzberger was a graduate of Riverside High School in Milwaukee and later the Milwaukee Area Technical College, according to archived local election coverage from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
He was a former member of the Glendale Environmental Council and transparency advocate who threw his hat in the ring three times for Glendale's 3rd Aldermanic District in the 1990s and early 2000s. In each of his three attempts, Holzberger lost out to longtime incumbent William Huegel.
- North Shore Police Reports, May 5, 2016
- Glen Hills recognized as a Green Ribbon School
- Update: Missing 15-year-old girl has been found
- Nicolet School Board approves shared superintendent agreement with Fox Point-Bayside (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- 26-year-old killed in shooting on Glendale border
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Shared superintendent proposal between Fox Point-Bayside and Nicolet weighed
- Fox Point-Bayside board wants to hire Nicolet administrators under shared services agreement (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016