Glendale — Glendale police have arrested two Milwaukee men in connection with the murder of Peter M. Holzberger, 65, who lived at 6374 North Port Washington Road, according to a GPD news release.
Holzberger was reported missing by a friend late last week, prompting a missing person investigation by Glendale police, who found Holzberger dead in his home.
The investigation produced the two suspects, a 25-year-old and 28-year-old man, both city of Milwaukee residents. Police say Holzberger knew the men.
Glendale police plan to file murder charges against both suspects with the District Attorney's Office tomorrow.
Holzberger was a graduate of Riverside High School in Milwaukee and later the Milwaukee Area Technical College, according to archived local election coverage from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.
He was a former member of the Glendale Environmental Council and transparency advocate who threw his hat in the ring three times for Glendale's 3rd Aldermanic District in the 1990s and early 2000s. In each of his three attempts, Holzberger lost out to longtime incumbent William Huegel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- Update: 13-year-old Glendale girl found
- Nicolet parents concerned about math curriculum (1)
- Franklin shut out by new Nicolet School Board president
- Nicolet considers giving each student laptop (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Glendale committee will investigate residential codes
- Run the Bay this weekend
- Glendale council urges County Executive Abele to take action on Estabrook Dam
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015