St. Robert Parish School, 2200 E. Capitol Drive in Shorewood, will continue to celebrate its centennial with a life-sized bronze statue of patron Saint Robert of Newminster.
Bishop Emeritus Richard J. Sklba will bless the statue at a special mass at 4:30 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 1.
The project was initiated and commissioned by St. Robert Pastor Rev. Dennis Dirkx, and made by Shorewood resident and fourth-generation parishioner John A. Balistreri, who is an artist and graphics teacher at Messmer High School and operates a fine art gallery in Door County.
For more information, contact Lisa Lesjak at (414) 332-1164 ext. 302 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Wrong-way drunken driver arrested on I-43
- Blood drive to be held in Brown Deer Monday
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak