I am seeking election to the Fox Point-Bayside School District School Board. I feel privileged to live in Bayside and to have my two children attend the district's schools. My desire to run for the School Board is an extension of my growing involvement and interest in the public education system in general, and the FPBS School District in particular. I like to give my time and energy to organizations and causes I'm passionate about. I want to be a board member, collaborating with administration, teachers, parents and the community, so that I can provide leadership to help shape the future of our children.
I've taken a very straightforward and thoughtful approach to running for a School Board seat. In order to educate myself on the key issues, I've gone on a listening tour of sorts - sitting down with a sample of people from each stakeholder group in the district. I've met with both principals, the superintendent, current and outgoing board members, teachers, parents and community members with no children currently enrolled in the district. I've even talked with the president of another well-regarded school district to learn how his district is dealing with similar issues.
If elected, I plan to follow the same model - seek input and ideas from various stakeholder groups in the district - and then, together with the other board members, make the most informed decision for the district, all the while keeping the best interests of the students uppermost in my mind.
Please refer to the candidate profile section in this edition of NOW to learn more about my background, professional experience, and my top three priorities. Please feel free to call me or email me prior to Election Day with any questions you may have.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Mayoral race gets early start in Glendale
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Tuesday morning traffic delayed due to I-43 crash
- Man robbed after meeting woman on Plenty of Fish dating website