The North Shore Fire Department doused a blaze at Andrew Automotive Collision Repair Center in Glendale this afternoon after a painting booth within the structure caught fire and caused an estimated $100,000 in damages. No one was injured.
According to an NSFD news release:
Around 2:30 p.m. an NSFD fire company was leaving the Glendale firehouse when firefighters onboard notice heavy black smoke to the southwest. Almost simultaneously a call came in from Andrew Automotive and the Glendale fire company, along with others, were dispatched to the scene.
Arriving crews found heavy black smoke coming from the building. With additional crews the fire was quickly brought under control and extinguished.
NSFD said the fire started when a static charge ignited paint fumes in the booth.
On-scene commanders from NSFD and the Glendale Police Department accounted for everyone who had been in the building at the time of the fire.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: May 21, 2015
- 13-year-old Glendale girl is missing
- Nicolet parents concerned about math curriculum (1)
- Franklin shut out by new Nicolet School Board president
- Nicolet considers giving each student laptop (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: May 14, 2015
- Glendale committee will investigate residential codes
- Run the Bay this weekend
- Glendale council urges County Executive Abele to take action on Estabrook Dam
- North Shore Police Reports: May 7, 2015