Glendale - District officials have approved Nicolet High School's calendar for the 2012-13 school year. There have been a few tweaks, including moving up the graduation date.
After hashing over a number of logistics - including collaboration with neighboring school districts and reviewing team sport schedules - District Administrator Rick Monroe presented the proposed document to the School Board on Monday, when it was approved unanimously.
Another important step in the calendar-building process was reviewing what officials had planned in K-8 districts Fox Point-Bayside, Glendale-River Hills and Maple Dale-Indian Hill in an effort to assist families at multiple grade levels and school districts.
"There's not a lot of wiggle room here," Monroe said of the calendar presented. "The main focus was to align with the feeder school districts."
In an effort not to conflict with Father's Day festivities, Nicolet is moving up its graduation ceremony earlier from past practice. It will be held June 9, 2013 - a week before the holiday.
In the fall, school will begin after Labor Day by virtue of how the calendar falls. Sept. 1 is a Saturday and Labor Day is Sept. 3. School will kick off the next day. The 2012-13 school year is set to end June 7, 2013, after a four-day stretch of exams. First-semester exams have been scheduled from Jan. 22-25, 2013.
Winter break has been scheduled from Dec. 24, 2012 to Jan. 1, 2013. Spring break has been slated to begin March 25 and end April 1, 2013.
Parent-teacher conferences have been scheduled from 12:30 to 8:30 p.m. Oct. 25, 2012 and 3:30 to 8:30 p.m. March 14, 2013.
- Dave Fidlin
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job
- Wrong-way drunken driver arrested on I-43
- Blood drive to be held in Brown Deer Monday
- Very low turnout reported in North Shore for primary election
- North Shore schools proactive against potential measles outbreak