Glendale - Before a crowd of students, staff, and parents, the Nicolet School Board voted unanimously Monday for Robert Kobylski - current Superintendent of the Menasha Joint School District near Appleton - to succeed Superintendent Rick Monroe after he retires on June 30.
After Monroe announced his retirement in December the board hired search firm Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, who whittled the applicant pool to six, whom the board interviewed, choosing three finalists before finally settling on Kobylski.
"(HYA & Associates) told us any of our candidates would have been great for the district," said School Board President Marilyn Franklin. "The decision hinged on which of the finalists would be a perfect fit."
Kobylski, a married father of six, earned a bachelor's degree in economics, as well as both a master's and doctorate in curriculum and instruction from Loyola University in Chicago. He was a commodity trader at the Chicago Board of Trade and a portfolio manager at an Illinois firm before becoming a high school social science teacher in the Chicago Public Schools system, where he later moved on to a number of administrative positions. Upon moving to Wisconsin in 2006 Kobylski became Principal of Cedarburg High School before becoming Superintendent and High School Principal in the Kohler District in 2008, and later the Menasha Joint School District Superintendent in 2010.
He stressed that it would be his job to leverage the high-quality staff at Nicolet to improve the district's already high performance.
"Clearly the Nicolet School District has done an extraordinary job over the years positioning itself as a premier school district," said Kobylski. "We're going to build upon the success here of the Nicolet district and continue to be the progressive district moving forward, in terms of academics and in terms of emotional and social growth of our children."
Kobylski will begin July 1 with an annual salary of $153,900 plus benefits.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years