Glendale — Three homes and a service station could be demolished to make room for a new Infiniti auto dealership on Green Bay Avenue, just south of the David Hobbs Honda dealership.
International Autos is asking Glendale officials to rezone the lots stretching between 6030 and 6050 Green Bay Avenue to accommodate North Shore Infiniti, which would relocate from its current location about a mile south at 1515 W. Silver Spring Drive.
Under the proposal, a David Hobbs Honda service station and three houses owned by David Hobbs Honda would be demolished to make room for an Infiniti dealership on the two-acre lot.
The old Infiniti dealership would be used as a used car lot by Jack Safro's Lexus North Shore, according to Tom Dexter of International Autos.
International Infiniti is prepared to spend $1.5 million to construct the shell building spanning 17,000 square feet on the first floor and 2,000 square feet on a partial second floor. The dealership plans to spend $400,000 on site improvements, including landscaping to shield the 127 parking stalls from the roadway.
During a public hearing before the Glendale City Council Monday night, resident Carol Pierner said she would like to see the dealership located closer to the road, which she said would be more aesthically pleasing than a view of a parking lot. She pointed out that both Hobbs Honda and Concourse BMW have used attractive landscaping to serve as a buffer between the road and the parking lot.
The Common Council idicated support for the proposal, and sent it back to the Plan Commission, which will discuss landscaping, signage and other design details.
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- 26-year-old killed in shooting on Glendale border
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Shared superintendent proposal between Fox Point-Bayside and Nicolet weighed
- Fox Point-Bayside board wants to hire Nicolet administrators under shared services agreement (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Video: Bavarian Bierhaus to open with new beer hall, brewery in Glendale (3)
- Video: Stormonth students take virtual trip around the world
- Glendale residents concerned about growing number of adult family homes (1)