Glendale — Three homes and a service station could be demolished to make room for a new Infiniti auto dealership on Green Bay Avenue, just south of the David Hobbs Honda dealership.
International Autos is asking Glendale officials to rezone the lots stretching between 6030 and 6050 Green Bay Avenue to accommodate North Shore Infiniti, which would relocate from its current location about a mile south at 1515 W. Silver Spring Drive.
Under the proposal, a David Hobbs Honda service station and three houses owned by David Hobbs Honda would be demolished to make room for an Infiniti dealership on the two-acre lot.
The old Infiniti dealership would be used as a used car lot by Jack Safro's Lexus North Shore, according to Tom Dexter of International Autos.
International Infiniti is prepared to spend $1.5 million to construct the shell building spanning 17,000 square feet on the first floor and 2,000 square feet on a partial second floor. The dealership plans to spend $400,000 on site improvements, including landscaping to shield the 127 parking stalls from the roadway.
During a public hearing before the Glendale City Council Monday night, resident Carol Pierner said she would like to see the dealership located closer to the road, which she said would be more aesthically pleasing than a view of a parking lot. She pointed out that both Hobbs Honda and Concourse BMW have used attractive landscaping to serve as a buffer between the road and the parking lot.
The Common Council idicated support for the proposal, and sent it back to the Plan Commission, which will discuss landscaping, signage and other design details.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Mayoral race gets early start in Glendale
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Tuesday morning traffic delayed due to I-43 crash
- Man robbed after meeting woman on Plenty of Fish dating website
- Three killed in Glendale crash