The Ozaukee County Sheriff's Department will provide an interim police chief for Thiensville following the retirement of current Chief Richard Preston on March 13.
The Village Board discussed an interim replacement in closed session last night and decided to contract with the Sheriff's Department. The interim chief will not be a candidate for the position, Village Manager Dianne Robertson said.
The village received 30 applications for the position and has narrowed the field to six applicants. Interviews with the Village Board will take place March 15 and 16.
The interim chief will likely fill the position for a month or two, she said. She will work out an hourly pay with the sheriff, Robertson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale considers proposal for 83-room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives (1)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- St. John's Lutheran will celebrate 150th anniversary on Sunday
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Music in the Glen kicks off Sunday
- Nicolet School District partners with colleges to offer transcripted courses (1)