Fox Point - Fox Point-Bayside District Administrator Rachel Boechler announced Tuesday that she will resign effective Aug. 1. The School Board accepted her resignation at its Jan. 21 meeting.
According to a district news release, Boechler plans to continue her work with the Center for Courage & Renewal, a Seattle-based nonprofit that works with leaders in the fields of education, health care and clergy. Boechler is currently CCR's board chair and has been working with the organization for 13 years.
"The Fox Point-Bayside School District continues to have great potential to achieve the goals aspired to and is well on its way to meet those goals despite the ever-changing education environment we live in," Boechler said in the release. "I am committed to working with the board, staff and community over the next six months to leave the district in the best position possible to reach those goals."
Board President Michael Weiss thanked Boechler for her service since joining the district in 2010.
"Dr. Boechler successfully navigated the district through the adoption of Act 10, unprecedented school funding cuts, and sweeping new curriculum requirements," Weiss said in the release. "She never let us forget that, despite the many distractions …, we must always focus on doing our best to educate every student."
The School Board will call a special meeting soon to plan the search for a replacement.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Homestead senior headed to China for Junior World Snowboard Championships
- Nicolet swim team, orchestra to host rummage on Saturday, March 14
- Brown Deer working to close sale on former American TV & Appliance site
- Student radio station gets fuzzy reception in Whitefish Bay
- Mobile apps? There's a class for that at Nicolet
- Nicolet robotics team takes second in competition
- UW Marching Band visits Nicolet this weekend
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern