A ransom note sent via text message did not work out as planned for three Milwaukee men.
The men, one 26 and two 19, were arrested Oct. 16 for receiving a cell phone stolen the day before at iPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive.
According to the Glendale police report:
The owner reported the theft after receiving text messages demanding a "ransom" of $550 to get his phone back.
Police had the owner set up a meeting with the men and take along an undercover officer.
They met in the 6400 block of North 76th Street, where two men were arrested.
The third man, a theater employee, was arrested at his home and said he didn't steal the phone, it had been lost.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- Glendale hotel could be flipped into apartment complex
- North Shore Kids Expo connects families with activities
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness (1)
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016
- Nicolet presents 'James and the Giant Peach' this weekend