A ransom note sent via text message did not work out as planned for three Milwaukee men.
The men, one 26 and two 19, were arrested Oct. 16 for receiving a cell phone stolen the day before at iPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive.
According to the Glendale police report:
The owner reported the theft after receiving text messages demanding a "ransom" of $550 to get his phone back.
Police had the owner set up a meeting with the men and take along an undercover officer.
They met in the 6400 block of North 76th Street, where two men were arrested.
The third man, a theater employee, was arrested at his home and said he didn't steal the phone, it had been lost.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: June 19
- Glendale resident chosen as 2013 volunteer of the year
- Nicolet graduate heads to Israel to continue scientific studies
- Police Report: June 17
- News & Notes: June 12
- Bavarian Soccer Club getting dome, artificial turf
- Hilton conversion concerns Glendale Plan Commissioners
- NSFD's unfunded retirement liability looms
- Glendale could review its RV storage rules
- Wingstop owner asks for extended hours