A ransom note sent via text message did not work out as planned for three Milwaukee men.
The men, one 26 and two 19, were arrested Oct. 16 for receiving a cell phone stolen the day before at iPic, 5750 N. Bayshore Drive.
According to the Glendale police report:
The owner reported the theft after receiving text messages demanding a "ransom" of $550 to get his phone back.
Police had the owner set up a meeting with the men and take along an undercover officer.
They met in the 6400 block of North 76th Street, where two men were arrested.
The third man, a theater employee, was arrested at his home and said he didn't steal the phone, it had been lost.
- Glendale officials balk at allowing chickens
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board (1)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet student explores naturalist ancestor
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: May 19, 2016
- North Shore Public Forum: Against weed killer; school district shared services
- Glendale run funds police vests, veterans memorial
- Fox Point-Bayside hosts 'meet and greet' with new administrators (1)