Local, state and federal authorities have been unable to determine the cause of a house explosion in Glendale that injured two people, the North Shore Fire Department said Tuesday.
Travelers, the insurance company for the property at 4835 N. Iroquois Ave., has retained an investigator to determine the cause of the blast and fire, which was reported about 6 p.m. Saturday, the fire department said.
The investigation by North Shore Fire/Rescue, the Glendale Police Department, the State Fire Marshall's Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, found no evidence of foul play in connection with incident, the fire department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- What you need to know for Tuesday's election
- Special triathlon memorializes Nicolet student
- Glendale woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- Agencies provide help to community's hungry
- Voter ID ruling sends North Shore clerks on hunting trip
- Fall fun events in the North Shore
- Glendale-River Hills seeks referendum
- Glendale church holds drive-thru devotional
- Head of health department steps down
- National Merit Semifinalists announced