Local, state and federal authorities have been unable to determine the cause of a house explosion in Glendale that injured two people, the North Shore Fire Department said Tuesday.
Travelers, the insurance company for the property at 4835 N. Iroquois Ave., has retained an investigator to determine the cause of the blast and fire, which was reported about 6 p.m. Saturday, the fire department said.
The investigation by North Shore Fire/Rescue, the Glendale Police Department, the State Fire Marshall's Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, found no evidence of foul play in connection with incident, the fire department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Man seriously hurt by fall inside Bayshore rotunda
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- Top North Shore stories of 2014
- 'Shop with a cop' event makes Christmas wishes come true
- Explore the outdoors with activities at SANC
- Small businesses differ from big boxes
- Fresh trees provide Christmas alternative
- Tennis pro brothers to be inducted into Hall of Fame
- Preaching peace: Shorewood student wages anti-bullying campaign
- Nicolet tennis court project receives rezoning approval from River Hills