Local, state and federal authorities have been unable to determine the cause of a house explosion in Glendale that injured two people, the North Shore Fire Department said Tuesday.
Travelers, the insurance company for the property at 4835 N. Iroquois Ave., has retained an investigator to determine the cause of the blast and fire, which was reported about 6 p.m. Saturday, the fire department said.
The investigation by North Shore Fire/Rescue, the Glendale Police Department, the State Fire Marshall's Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, found no evidence of foul play in connection with incident, the fire department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Glendale sets sites on new park for permanent stage
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors
- Fox Point-Bayside announces superintendent finalists