Local, state and federal authorities have been unable to determine the cause of a house explosion in Glendale that injured two people, the North Shore Fire Department said Tuesday.
Travelers, the insurance company for the property at 4835 N. Iroquois Ave., has retained an investigator to determine the cause of the blast and fire, which was reported about 6 p.m. Saturday, the fire department said.
The investigation by North Shore Fire/Rescue, the Glendale Police Department, the State Fire Marshall's Office and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, found no evidence of foul play in connection with incident, the fire department said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former marine and Iranian hostage shares story of 1979 embassy takeover with Nicolet students
- Election update
- Withdrawal still an option as Glendale awaits formula votes
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Payroll accountant charged with skimming more than $1 million from Glendale hospital
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections
- Passengers recount 'voyage of the damned'