Glendale — Bayshore Town Center will institute a revised curfew policy beginning April 2, mall manager Chris Jaeger said Tuesday.
The new curfew program, R3, stands for the three underpinnings of the policy: rules, respect and responsibility. The program is similar to one in place at Mayfair Mall, he said.
Beginning April 2, those younger than 18 will not be allowed at the Town Center after 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays unless they are with a parent or legal guardian over 21 years of age.
"The focus is on behavior," Jaeger said. "Unruly behavior will not be tolerated."
Bayshore instituted a more restrictive curfew Dec. 31 after police were called because of a large group of teens causing disruptions in the food court area. That curfew began at 3 p.m.
Jaeger said he believes the 5 p.m. curfew will be effective but if problems arise, mall management can change the curfew again.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Beer could flow during Glendale's Fourth of July
- 21-year-old man who fell from Bayshore balcony has died
- Fleeing the scene of a robbery, suspects crash stolen car near Whitefish Bay
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 22, 2015
- Man seriously hurt by fall inside Bayshore rotunda
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 15, 2015
- 109-lot subdivision approved in Mequon
- Bayside home damaged in Sunday fire
- North Shore school, municipal officials announce candidacy for April election
- North Shore Police Reports: Jan. 8, 2015