Glendale — Bayshore Town Center will institute a revised curfew policy beginning April 2, mall manager Chris Jaeger said Tuesday.
The new curfew program, R3, stands for the three underpinnings of the policy: rules, respect and responsibility. The program is similar to one in place at Mayfair Mall, he said.
Beginning April 2, those younger than 18 will not be allowed at the Town Center after 5 p.m. on Fridays and Saturdays unless they are with a parent or legal guardian over 21 years of age.
"The focus is on behavior," Jaeger said. "Unruly behavior will not be tolerated."
Bayshore instituted a more restrictive curfew Dec. 31 after police were called because of a large group of teens causing disruptions in the food court area. That curfew began at 3 p.m.
Jaeger said he believes the 5 p.m. curfew will be effective but if problems arise, mall management can change the curfew again.
- Mary Buckley
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale considers proposal for 83-room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives (1)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- St. John's Lutheran will celebrate 150th anniversary on Sunday
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Music in the Glen kicks off Sunday
- Nicolet School District partners with colleges to offer transcripted courses (1)