Glendale - A Whitefish Bay man recently won in court after he sued the Cheesecake Factory over food poisoning.
According to a news release from Fox, O'Neill & Shannon, the firm representing the man:
Ghassan Batayneh became light headed, dizzy and passed out after eating a Mahi-mahi fish entrée at the Cheesecake Factory in the Bayshore Town Center. Doctors later diagnosed him with scombroid poisoning, a type of food poisoning often resulting from the consumption of spoiled fish.
Though the Cheesecake Factory initially denied any responsibility for Batayneh's episode, the company later settled for $15,526.88, which includes court costs and expenses.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Whitefish Bay schools superintendent resigns to take Arrowhead job
- North Shore Police Reports: April 30, 2015
- Estabrook Beer Garden gets an early start
- Glendale tennis courts to be transformed into futsal courts
- Aurora gets naming rights to Homestead's strength and conditioning center
- Crave Cafe plans to offer takeout food in former Runaway Meatball building
- Dance group to perform at Whitefish Bay library
- Mequon police searching for bank robbery suspect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Shorewood hires Burlington police chief to lead department