A 21-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for an outstanding Glendale warrant and a stash of guns and drugs was discovered after police were called for a noise complaint to the Residence Inn, 7275 N. Port Washington Road, at 1:40 a.m. Feb. 17.
According to the Glendale police report:
The woman, who had signed a "no party" form, admitted renting the suite to host a party for her sister. There were more than a dozen people on the first level who were told to leave and did.
Police then went to the loft level where they found five more people who also were told to leave and did. After they left, police found plastic bags holding 2 grams of marijuana, two handguns and more than a dozen rounds of ammunition under the mattress.
When asked who these people were, the woman and her sister said they could not identify them because they were "friends of friends."
They also denied knowing about the marijuana and guns.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board president stepping down
- Time is short for new Bayside Middle School classes whose details aren't final
- News & Notes: May 22
- Police Report: May 20
- Fox Point's Richard Thieme discusses UFO research book at North Shore library
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Glendale sets sites on new park for permanent stage