A self-proclaimed master thief and her partner were arrested for theft at Bayshore Town Center in Glendale after an employee noticed glasses missing from the store.
According to the Glendale police report:
The man and woman, both 18 of Milwaukee, were arrested for theft at Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 3:45 p.m. Dec. 28. An employee said they seemed to be “enthusiastic” to buy glasses and when she noticed some pairs missing from a display, she approached them but they fled the store.
When arrested, the woman said she was “a master thief,” boasting that she steals all the time and was upset that this time she “slipped up.” She also wanted police to thank the stores at Bayshore for allowing her to steal so easily.
She also said that stealing and selling what she stole was her only job. When told she was banned from the mall, she laughed and said she’d be back. The man, who was on probation and parole, was also banned and said he wouldn’t return. Police called his parole officer and were told his probation would not be revoked for theft.
The couple had three pairs of glasses valued at $489, two taken from Sunglass Hut and one from LensCrafters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rumage Around column: A special performance
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 11, 2016
- Mistaken gun reports caused hourlong I-43 shutdown
- Glendale hotel could be flipped into apartment complex
- North Shore Kids Expo connects families with activities
- County Board Chair Lipscomb claims 43 parks in danger of being sold
- North Shore Police Reports, Feb. 4, 2016
- Rumage Around column: Classmates help bring more color to boy with color blindness (1)
- Franklin honored for 40 years of school board service in Fox Point-Bayside, Nicolet
- North Shore Police Reports, Jan. 28, 2016