A self-proclaimed master thief and her partner were arrested for theft at Bayshore Town Center in Glendale after an employee noticed glasses missing from the store.
According to the Glendale police report:
The man and woman, both 18 of Milwaukee, were arrested for theft at Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 3:45 p.m. Dec. 28. An employee said they seemed to be “enthusiastic” to buy glasses and when she noticed some pairs missing from a display, she approached them but they fled the store.
When arrested, the woman said she was “a master thief,” boasting that she steals all the time and was upset that this time she “slipped up.” She also wanted police to thank the stores at Bayshore for allowing her to steal so easily.
She also said that stealing and selling what she stole was her only job. When told she was banned from the mall, she laughed and said she’d be back. The man, who was on probation and parole, was also banned and said he wouldn’t return. Police called his parole officer and were told his probation would not be revoked for theft.
The couple had three pairs of glasses valued at $489, two taken from Sunglass Hut and one from LensCrafters.
- Nicolet School Board approves shared superintendent agreement with Fox Point-Bayside (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, April 28, 2016
- 26-year-old killed in shooting on Glendale border
- Teachers continue scholarship program on their own
- Shared superintendent proposal between Fox Point-Bayside and Nicolet weighed
- Fox Point-Bayside board wants to hire Nicolet administrators under shared services agreement (1)
- North Shore Police Reports, April 21, 2016
- Old car seats will be collected in Brown Deer Saturday
- Video: Bavarian Bierhaus to open with new beer hall, brewery in Glendale (3)
- Video: Stormonth students take virtual trip around the world