The lure of high-priced sunglasses proved tough to resist last week as three incidents of shoplifting occurred at a Bayshore Town Center store.
In the first, a 24-year-old Mercer, Wis., man was arrested for theft of three pairs of sunglasses valued at $435 from Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 11 a.m. July 10 in Glendale.
The man left the store but was identified because he had purchased a pair of glasses and filled out a warranty card. He was ordered into the station where he admitted taking the glasses saying he did because he had a pair stolen a few days before.
A few hours later, at 7 p.m., an 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of one pair of $150 glasses. He ran from the mall and across a street. When stopped, he said he ran because he thought the police "were going to rob him." Then he said he ran because he was "out for a jog to cool off."
And at 8:40 p.m., a man took three pairs of sunglasses valued at $550 but police were not notified. An officer reported the theft during a follow-up.
- Major changes in the works for Bayshore Town Center
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Glendale mayor vetoes backyard chicken ban
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board (1)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet student explores naturalist ancestor
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park (3)