The lure of high-priced sunglasses proved tough to resist last week as three incidents of shoplifting occurred at a Bayshore Town Center store.
In the first, a 24-year-old Mercer, Wis., man was arrested for theft of three pairs of sunglasses valued at $435 from Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 11 a.m. July 10 in Glendale.
The man left the store but was identified because he had purchased a pair of glasses and filled out a warranty card. He was ordered into the station where he admitted taking the glasses saying he did because he had a pair stolen a few days before.
A few hours later, at 7 p.m., an 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of one pair of $150 glasses. He ran from the mall and across a street. When stopped, he said he ran because he thought the police "were going to rob him." Then he said he ran because he was "out for a jog to cool off."
And at 8:40 p.m., a man took three pairs of sunglasses valued at $550 but police were not notified. An officer reported the theft during a follow-up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Glendale sets sites on new park for permanent stage
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors