The lure of high-priced sunglasses proved tough to resist last week as three incidents of shoplifting occurred at a Bayshore Town Center store.
In the first, a 24-year-old Mercer, Wis., man was arrested for theft of three pairs of sunglasses valued at $435 from Sunglass Hut, 490 W. Northshore Drive, at 11 a.m. July 10 in Glendale.
The man left the store but was identified because he had purchased a pair of glasses and filled out a warranty card. He was ordered into the station where he admitted taking the glasses saying he did because he had a pair stolen a few days before.
A few hours later, at 7 p.m., an 18-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of one pair of $150 glasses. He ran from the mall and across a street. When stopped, he said he ran because he thought the police "were going to rob him." Then he said he ran because he was "out for a jog to cool off."
And at 8:40 p.m., a man took three pairs of sunglasses valued at $550 but police were not notified. An officer reported the theft during a follow-up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Glendale mayoral election offers a choice between experience and change
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015
- Whitefish Bay native finishes 46th in Iditarod
- New bus route running through Brown Deer
- North Shore Police Reports: March 19, 2015
- North Avenue parking lot becoming artsy pocket park in Wauwatosa
- Assembly bill could give North Shore school districts an earlier start to the school year
- Hess challenging Goldberg's reelection bid in Glendale's 5th Aldermanic District