Glendale police made two recent arrests for prostitution at hotels on Port Washington Road after going online to set up the meetings.
According to the police report:
A 43-year-old woman, possibly from Texas, was arrested for prostitution, possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after police investigated a website and set up "a date" at the Baymont Inn, 5485 N. Port Washington Road, at 10:40 p.m. June 10.
The woman had 4 grams of marijuana, pipes with residue and $695 cash. The woman said she was in the area working for a traveling sales group and her co-workers left but she stayed and has done "exceptionally well as a prostitute in Glendale with about 15 customers a day."
In the second incident, a 20-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for prostitution after police investigated a website and set up "a date" with her at the Radisson Hotel, 7065 N. Port Washington Road, at 9:30 p.m. June 6.
The woman arrived in a red Jaguar and later told police she wasn't going "to do anything for money" and was "confused why she was arrested."
The woman, who had condoms issued from a Florida women's shelter, had other prostitution arrests, some in Florida.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale considers proposal for 83-room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives (1)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- St. John's Lutheran will celebrate 150th anniversary on Sunday
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Music in the Glen kicks off Sunday
- Nicolet School District partners with colleges to offer transcripted courses (1)