A 41-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft and possession of marijuana after police were not swayed by what he said was a home-made remedy for high blood pressure.
According to the Glendale police report:
The man took two bottles of men’s cologne valued at $96 from Sears, 5900 N. Port Washington Road, at about 6 p.m. April 14.
He told police he had to steal since his wife “spent all his money.” The man had two plastic bags with 1.4 grams of marijuana in his pocket.
He told police the substance was not marijuana but “a home remedy made from garlic and a bouillon cube” that he used for hypertension. It tested positive for marijuana.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Glendale sets sites on new park for permanent stage
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors