A 41-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft and possession of marijuana after police were not swayed by what he said was a home-made remedy for high blood pressure.
According to the Glendale police report:
The man took two bottles of men’s cologne valued at $96 from Sears, 5900 N. Port Washington Road, at about 6 p.m. April 14.
He told police he had to steal since his wife “spent all his money.” The man had two plastic bags with 1.4 grams of marijuana in his pocket.
He told police the substance was not marijuana but “a home remedy made from garlic and a bouillon cube” that he used for hypertension. It tested positive for marijuana.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News and notes
- Tennis center grows with brotherly love
- Local businesses awakening after long winter
- New car dealership proposed in Glendale
- News & Notes: April 9
- Police Report: April 8
- Election 2014: Spring 2014 North Shore election roundup
- Whitefish Bay, Shorewood pass referendums against "Citizens United" ruling