A 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong-armed robbery after taking a woman’s purse as she walked with her son in the 4700 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Glendale police report:
Witnesses saw this boy and another male, who were riding bikes, and reported one boy hit the woman in the face and grabbed her purse and rode off.
A witness followed one of the boys who was caught in the 4000 block of North Seventh Street and arrested.
He admitted being involved but said he bumped into the woman by accident while on his cellphone and his friend told him to take the purse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Former marine and Iranian hostage shares story of 1979 embassy takeover with Nicolet students
- Police Report: Dec. 9
- Election update: Dec. 3
- Glendale-River Hills officials start work on fall 2014 referendum
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Payroll accountant charged with skimming more than $1 million from Glendale hospital
- NSFD board passes funding formula
- News & Notes: Nov. 27
- Nicolet bumps up insurance
- Openings abound in spring elections