A 13-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for strong-armed robbery after taking a woman’s purse as she walked with her son in the 4700 block of North Port Washington Road at 3:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to the Glendale police report:
Witnesses saw this boy and another male, who were riding bikes, and reported one boy hit the woman in the face and grabbed her purse and rode off.
A witness followed one of the boys who was caught in the 4000 block of North Seventh Street and arrested.
He admitted being involved but said he bumped into the woman by accident while on his cellphone and his friend told him to take the purse.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale evaluates city hall improvements
- 'Milwaukee lion' spotted in Glendale (2)
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore communities react to state ban on municipal home inspections at time of sale
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting
- North Shore Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Glendale man turns craft beer into specialty malt vinegars
- Estabrook Dam opponents submit petition to Glendale (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Rescue of three Glendale girls in Wyoming brings sigh of relief to Whitefish Bay church