Voters in Mequon's 8th Aldermanic District returned longtime alderwoman Pam Adams to the Common Council. Adams, first elected in 1994, had 491 votes to challenger Nancy Anderson's 401 votes.
Reached at a small election night party at her home, Adams said she is very happy.
"I appreciate the support of the district and will continue to represent their interest in furthering Mequon's future," she said.
Adams has not faced any opposition in 12 years but said she campaigned hard.
"I did a lot of door to door and I find that very inspiring," she said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet robotics team takes second in competition
- UW Marching Band visits Nicolet this weekend
- Brown Deer approves amendment to TIF district
- North Shore Police Reports: March 5, 2015
- Elmbrook promotes Pilgrim Park Middle School's Mike Sereno and Mark Peperkorn
- Nicolet alum makes a name for herself at Northwestern
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Construction begins on Shorewood Metro Market project
- North Shore Police Reports: Feb. 26, 2015
- Shorewood school superintendent is a finalist for West Allis-West Milwaukee job