Voters in Mequon's 8th Aldermanic District returned longtime alderwoman Pam Adams to the Common Council. Adams, first elected in 1994, had 491 votes to challenger Nancy Anderson's 401 votes.
Reached at a small election night party at her home, Adams said she is very happy.
"I appreciate the support of the district and will continue to represent their interest in furthering Mequon's future," she said.
Adams has not faced any opposition in 12 years but said she campaigned hard.
"I did a lot of door to door and I find that very inspiring," she said.
- Major changes in the works for Bayshore Town Center
- Celebrate Memorial Day in the North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: May 26, 2016
- Overturned truck closes I-43 at Brown Deer Road (UPDATED)
- Glendale mayor vetoes backyard chicken ban
- Smulyan resigns from Fox Point-Bayside School Board (1)
- Top beer gardens in the North Shore suburbs
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Nicolet student explores naturalist ancestor
- Nicolet finds buyer for athletic field, renovations coming to high school, Glendale park (3)