Voters in Mequon's 8th Aldermanic District returned longtime alderwoman Pam Adams to the Common Council. Adams, first elected in 1994, had 491 votes to challenger Nancy Anderson's 401 votes.
Reached at a small election night party at her home, Adams said she is very happy.
"I appreciate the support of the district and will continue to represent their interest in furthering Mequon's future," she said.
Adams has not faced any opposition in 12 years but said she campaigned hard.
"I did a lot of door to door and I find that very inspiring," she said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Crave Cafe plans to offer takeout food in former Runaway Meatball building
- Dance group to perform at Whitefish Bay library
- Mequon police searching for bank robbery suspect
- North Shore Police Reports: April 23, 2015
- Shorewood hires Burlington police chief to lead department
- Rogers Memorial unveils Brown Deer facility
- Shorewood plants seed for farmers market
- Two critically injured after rollover crash in Mequon
- 15-year-old boy attacked while walking in Shorewood
- Brown Deer house damaged by basement fire