Glendale - The Nicolet School Board on Monday approved the hiring of Mae Beard as an assistant principal beginning in the 2012-13 school year. Beard currently serves in the same capacity at Menomonee Falls High School.
"I've got a lot of energy left, and I look forward to giving it my all," Beard said moments after her appointment was made official by the School Board.
Beard was one of seven finalists for the position and was interviewed by a cross-section of representatives, including administrators, teachers, other school staff, parents and students.
"We spent anywhere from an hour-and-a-half to two hours with each finalist," Nicolet Principal Greg DePue said. "Mae came out on top. We're very excited about working with her."
DePue said the district received about 150 applications for the assistant principal position. After an extensive review, the candidate pool was whittled down to 23 people who underwent a screening process.
Nicolet's Personnel Committee met earlier this month and recommended the board hire Beard to the position.
Beard will replace Jason Kestner, who is resigning from the district at the end of the school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale evaluates city hall improvements
- 'Milwaukee lion' spotted in Glendale (2)
- North Shore Police Report: July 30
- North Shore communities react to state ban on municipal home inspections at time of sale
- Whitefish Bay man allegedly charged officer with knives, screamed 'kill me' in officer-involved shooting
- North Shore Police Reports: July 23, 2015
- Glendale man turns craft beer into specialty malt vinegars
- Estabrook Dam opponents submit petition to Glendale (3)
- North Shore Police Reports: July 16, 2015
- Rescue of three Glendale girls in Wyoming brings sigh of relief to Whitefish Bay church