Glendale - The Nicolet School Board on Monday approved the hiring of Mae Beard as an assistant principal beginning in the 2012-13 school year. Beard currently serves in the same capacity at Menomonee Falls High School.
"I've got a lot of energy left, and I look forward to giving it my all," Beard said moments after her appointment was made official by the School Board.
Beard was one of seven finalists for the position and was interviewed by a cross-section of representatives, including administrators, teachers, other school staff, parents and students.
"We spent anywhere from an hour-and-a-half to two hours with each finalist," Nicolet Principal Greg DePue said. "Mae came out on top. We're very excited about working with her."
DePue said the district received about 150 applications for the assistant principal position. After an extensive review, the candidate pool was whittled down to 23 people who underwent a screening process.
Nicolet's Personnel Committee met earlier this month and recommended the board hire Beard to the position.
Beard will replace Jason Kestner, who is resigning from the district at the end of the school year.
- Former legislator competing against political organizer for his old Assembly seat
- Glendale officials seek names for venues in Richard E. Maslowski Community Park
- Nicolet High School hires David Coyle as associate principal
- North Shore Police Reports, July 28, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 21, 2016
- Debbie Roesner appointed to Fox Point-Bayside School Board
- North Shore Police Reports July 14, 2016
- North Shore Police Reports, July 7, 2016
- North Shore farmers markets evolve with new offerings
- Jewish nonprofit leader passes torch after 13 years