Glendale - The Nicolet School Board on Monday approved the hiring of Mae Beard as an assistant principal beginning in the 2012-13 school year. Beard currently serves in the same capacity at Menomonee Falls High School.
"I've got a lot of energy left, and I look forward to giving it my all," Beard said moments after her appointment was made official by the School Board.
Beard was one of seven finalists for the position and was interviewed by a cross-section of representatives, including administrators, teachers, other school staff, parents and students.
"We spent anywhere from an hour-and-a-half to two hours with each finalist," Nicolet Principal Greg DePue said. "Mae came out on top. We're very excited about working with her."
DePue said the district received about 150 applications for the assistant principal position. After an extensive review, the candidate pool was whittled down to 23 people who underwent a screening process.
Nicolet's Personnel Committee met earlier this month and recommended the board hire Beard to the position.
Beard will replace Jason Kestner, who is resigning from the district at the end of the school year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- Agencies provide help to community's hungry
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Voter ID ruling sends North Shore clerks on hunting trip
- Fall fun events in the North Shore
- Glendale-River Hills seeks referendum
- News & Notes: Oct. 2
- North Shore Police Reports: October 2, 2012