A 46-year-old Milwaukee woman was a suspect in the theft of a 2009 Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 after taking it for a test drive and not returning it to Concours Motors, 1400 W. Silver Spring Drive, Glendale.
According to the Glendale police report:
The car was taken for a test drive at 6 p.m. March 8.
At 8 p.m., when the car was still not returned, the salesperson called the woman and she said she'd drop it off later and leave the keys in the drop box.
She didn't and the next day, he called her again. This time she said her husband had a heart attack "last night" and she would have the car towed to the dealership. Again, when she failed to return the car, police were notified. They also called the woman but she never returned their calls.
Her criminal history revealed she had at least four arrests for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent. The woman finally called saying the car was in the 1100 block of East Pleasant Street because the tow company wouldn't tow it any further. It was picked up but the keys were still missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nicolet tennis court project receives rezoning approval from River Hills
- Paper will be delayed by holiday
- Fox Point footbridge rekindles memories
- Glendale man says goodbye to aged Boxelder tree
- CMH earns "Top Performer" recognition
- Concordia presents holiday shows
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 13, 2014
- Nicolet student improves homes in Kentucky
- Interactive North Shore school tax roundup: who's up and who's down in 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 6, 2014