A 46-year-old Milwaukee woman was a suspect in the theft of a 2009 Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 after taking it for a test drive and not returning it to Concours Motors, 1400 W. Silver Spring Drive, Glendale.
According to the Glendale police report:
The car was taken for a test drive at 6 p.m. March 8.
At 8 p.m., when the car was still not returned, the salesperson called the woman and she said she'd drop it off later and leave the keys in the drop box.
She didn't and the next day, he called her again. This time she said her husband had a heart attack "last night" and she would have the car towed to the dealership. Again, when she failed to return the car, police were notified. They also called the woman but she never returned their calls.
Her criminal history revealed she had at least four arrests for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent. The woman finally called saying the car was in the 1100 block of East Pleasant Street because the tow company wouldn't tow it any further. It was picked up but the keys were still missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- DOT proposes moving a portion of I-43 east
- Fox Point-Bayside's school budget may get some state relief
- K4 class sizes named priority
- Shorewood Schools Business Manager moves on
- Glendale sets sites on new park for permanent stage
- Police Report: May 13
- Elmbrook recommends Stormonth's Westfahl as new Brookfield Elementary principal
- News & Notes: May 8
- Fox Point-Bayside School Board recall set in motion
- NSFD board trying to take funding formula discussion behind closed doors