A 46-year-old Milwaukee woman was a suspect in the theft of a 2009 Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 after taking it for a test drive and not returning it to Concours Motors, 1400 W. Silver Spring Drive, Glendale.
According to the Glendale police report:
The car was taken for a test drive at 6 p.m. March 8.
At 8 p.m., when the car was still not returned, the salesperson called the woman and she said she'd drop it off later and leave the keys in the drop box.
She didn't and the next day, he called her again. This time she said her husband had a heart attack "last night" and she would have the car towed to the dealership. Again, when she failed to return the car, police were notified. They also called the woman but she never returned their calls.
Her criminal history revealed she had at least four arrests for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent. The woman finally called saying the car was in the 1100 block of East Pleasant Street because the tow company wouldn't tow it any further. It was picked up but the keys were still missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports: August 28, 2014
- With state funding tied to enrollment, North Shore public schools turn to marketing
- Whitefish Bay leads state in ACT scores
- North Shore Police Reports: August 21, 2014
- Mayoral race gets early start in Glendale
- Fatal shooting in Bayside eyeglass store
- Voter turnout high in North Shore
- North Shore Police Reports: August 14, 2014
- Tuesday morning traffic delayed due to I-43 crash
- Man robbed after meeting woman on Plenty of Fish dating website