A 46-year-old Milwaukee woman was a suspect in the theft of a 2009 Mercedes-Benz valued at $35,000 after taking it for a test drive and not returning it to Concours Motors, 1400 W. Silver Spring Drive, Glendale.
According to the Glendale police report:
The car was taken for a test drive at 6 p.m. March 8.
At 8 p.m., when the car was still not returned, the salesperson called the woman and she said she'd drop it off later and leave the keys in the drop box.
She didn't and the next day, he called her again. This time she said her husband had a heart attack "last night" and she would have the car towed to the dealership. Again, when she failed to return the car, police were notified. They also called the woman but she never returned their calls.
Her criminal history revealed she had at least four arrests for operating a motor vehicle without the owner's consent. The woman finally called saying the car was in the 1100 block of East Pleasant Street because the tow company wouldn't tow it any further. It was picked up but the keys were still missing.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- County Exec Chris Abele talks Bucks, buses and budget at North Shore Rotary luncheon
- Former Bavarian Inn will be remodeled, reopened as Bavarian Bierhaus
- North Shore police report: Sept. 3
- Homestead ACT scores top North Shore schools
- Exquisite Threading weaves philanthropy into business growth
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 27, 2015
- Newsweek: Whitefish Bay best Wisconsin school; 30th in nation (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 20, 2015
- North Shore Police Reports: Aug. 13, 2015
- DOT plans closures over next two weeks around I-43 and Silver Spring