A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of a 2010 Buick LaCrosse valued at $30,000 from Amato Nissan, 5200 N. Port Washington Road, the afternoon of Feb. 17.
The man told a salesperson he needed an “extended test-drive” to get a loan which was granted.
On Feb. 20, the dealership called police reporting they’d received a call from a probation officer and the man was now in custody and had admitted selling the car to buy drugs.
Police interviewed the suspect who told them he picked up a drug dealer early morning Feb. 18 near 25th and Wells and they drove to the 7600 block of North Fond du Lac Avenue where he sold the car for six or seven rocks of crack cocaine which he smoked.
Later that same day, he said he sold the car again for more crack cocaine which he again smoked. He then went to see his probation officer knowing he would not pass his urine test.
The car has not been located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 26, 2015
- Bayshore Town Center hires new general manager
- Rumage Around: Getting to know you, my readers
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 19, 2015
- Oak Leaf Trail extension links Milwaukee to Ozaukee County (1)
- Glendale passes ordinance pertaining to vicious dogs
- North Shore Police Reports, Nov. 12, 2015
- Glendale budget moves up slightly
- Former Whitefish Bay resident returns to discuss her new novel
- North Shore Police Reports: Nov. 5, 2015