A 43-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for theft of a 2010 Buick LaCrosse valued at $30,000 from Amato Nissan, 5200 N. Port Washington Road, the afternoon of Feb. 17.
The man told a salesperson he needed an “extended test-drive” to get a loan which was granted.
On Feb. 20, the dealership called police reporting they’d received a call from a probation officer and the man was now in custody and had admitted selling the car to buy drugs.
Police interviewed the suspect who told them he picked up a drug dealer early morning Feb. 18 near 25th and Wells and they drove to the 7600 block of North Fond du Lac Avenue where he sold the car for six or seven rocks of crack cocaine which he smoked.
Later that same day, he said he sold the car again for more crack cocaine which he again smoked. He then went to see his probation officer knowing he would not pass his urine test.
The car has not been located.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Vets to be honored in Glendale on Saturday, Nov. 1
- North Shore Police Reports: October 30, 2014
- What you need to know for Tuesday's election
- Special triathlon memorializes Nicolet student
- Shorewood Intermediate School Principal Mark Harris dies after medical emergency
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Glendale woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- Agencies provide help to community's hungry