A 15-year-old Milwaukee boy was mailed a citation for disorderly conduct and given a five-day suspension after setting a girl’s hair on fire at Nicolet High School at 2:20 p.m. Feb. 20.
According to the Glendale police report:
The girl said the boy attempted to hug her and when she pushed him away, he lit her hair on fire and she had to pull out chunks of her burning hair.
The boy said the whole thing was an accident — that he was just playing with the lighter when she got too close because he would “never hurt a girl’s hair because he knows how important hair is to a female.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Here's what North Shore voters can expect on the April 7 election ballot
- North Shore Police Reports: April 2, 2015
- Fox Point footbridge named 'project of the year'
- Mequon-Thiensville speaks out against Gov. Walker's proposed budget
- Whitefish Bay School Board says radio station would be better suited for community use
- DSW shoe store opens in Mequon
- The Steaming Cup owners looking to sell downtown coffee shop
- Nicolet School Board candidates tout dedication to education
- Glendale mayoral election offers a choice between experience and change (1)
- North Shore Police Reports: March 26, 2015