Glendale - Tina Clementi, the general manager of Trim Time, is collecting supplies and money for animals displaced by the Joplin, Mo., tornado.
Clementi and two coworkers plan to drive to Joplin on June 23 to drop off the items they collect. Needed are animal blankets, kennels, bowls, and food. If you want to donate money, checks can be made out to the Joplin Humane Society.
Many pet owners, homeless themselves, have been forced to give up their pets. The Humane Society of Southwest Missouri is taking the overflow from Joplin. Any excess supplies or money would go to Springfield if they are not needed in Joplin.
Donations may be dropped off at Trim Time, 6131 N. Green Bay Ave., between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Saturday.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sears will close Bayshore store
- North Shore Police Reports: September 18, 2014
- Head of health department steps down
- National Merit Semifinalists announced
- North Shore Police Reports: September 11, 2014
- NSFD approves 2% budget increase
- Split opinions on Estabrook Dam solutions
- North Shore Police Reports: September 4, 2014
- Video: Nicolet's 'Robot Yount' will throw first pitch at Brewers game
- Orthopaedic hospital to build new office building