The city will mail a printed newsletter to all residents beginning with the fall publication.
The city stopped printing and mailing the newsletter several years ago due to budget constraints, moving to an online version for the most part. A limited number of printed copies were available at City Hall.
Liturgical Publications will sell advertising for the newsletter and also publish it. The city will pay for mailing it, approximately $1,700 per each of the three issues. If Liturgical Publishing meets its revenue goal, the excess revenue would be used to cover the city's mailing expense.
The council thought the proposal was worth a try, especially since the five-year contract can be cancelled after a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Shorewood Intermediate School Principal Mark Harris dies after medical emergency
- North Shore Police Reports: October 23, 2014
- Glendale woman charged as part of prescription fraud ring
- North Shore Police Reports: October 16, 2014
- Agencies provide help to community's hungry
- North Shore Police Reports: October 9, 2014
- Voter ID ruling sends North Shore clerks on hunting trip
- Fall fun events in the North Shore
- Glendale-River Hills seeks referendum