The city will mail a printed newsletter to all residents beginning with the fall publication.
The city stopped printing and mailing the newsletter several years ago due to budget constraints, moving to an online version for the most part. A limited number of printed copies were available at City Hall.
Liturgical Publications will sell advertising for the newsletter and also publish it. The city will pay for mailing it, approximately $1,700 per each of the three issues. If Liturgical Publishing meets its revenue goal, the excess revenue would be used to cover the city's mailing expense.
The council thought the proposal was worth a try, especially since the five-year contract can be cancelled after a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 15-year-old boy attacked while walking in Shorewood
- Brown Deer house damaged by basement fire
- Shorewood bank robbery suspects arrested
- Wrong-way I-43 driver crashes into ditch in Bayside
- North Shore Police Reports: April 16, 2015
- U.S. Marshals arrest man who allegedly supplied heroin, cocaine to overdose victim in Mequon
- North Shore Police Reports: April 9, 2015
- Referendums pass in Mequon-Thiensville, Fox Point-Bayside
- Shorewood urges legislators to preserve Downer Woods
- Franklin, Gutterman keep seats on Nicolet School Board