The city will mail a printed newsletter to all residents beginning with the fall publication.
The city stopped printing and mailing the newsletter several years ago due to budget constraints, moving to an online version for the most part. A limited number of printed copies were available at City Hall.
Liturgical Publications will sell advertising for the newsletter and also publish it. The city will pay for mailing it, approximately $1,700 per each of the three issues. If Liturgical Publishing meets its revenue goal, the excess revenue would be used to cover the city's mailing expense.
The council thought the proposal was worth a try, especially since the five-year contract can be cancelled after a year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glendale considers proposal for 83-room Residence Inn by Marriott hotel
- North Shore Police Reports: July 2, 2015
- Glendale mourns loss of longtime clerk Susanne Hanaman
- Three-day bus stoppage sends North Shore riders scrambling for transportation alternatives (1)
- Burglary suspects allegedly target Bay couple at funeral
- North Shore Police Reports: June 25, 2015
- St. John's Lutheran will celebrate 150th anniversary on Sunday
- Fourth of July events in the North Shore
- Music in the Glen kicks off Sunday
- Nicolet School District partners with colleges to offer transcripted courses (1)