Having just transitioned from 2009 into 2010, one thing we can say is that it has been a year like no other. Then again, we can say that about every year. We do say that about every year.
The year 2009 was supposed to be a year that began with great hope. We had elected a new president, and we were satisfied that the Republicans of 2008 were the cause of all the malcontent in the world. It was an easy excuse, but we liked it. Things can only get better, right?
We have survived one quarter of the Obama term already. As difficult as it got, we have survived. A year of failure and lies is certain to be followed by three more years of failure and lies. America voted to give Barack Obama the chance to heal the country's problems. We took his promises at face value and placed our hope in him and his administration with one caveat-the plans had to work.
We, as Americans were sold on hope and change for the better. We certainly received less than that. On energy, Obama said that he was open to offshore drilling. Whatever happened to that? Apparently he made that promise just to get elected. We are no closer to energy independence. And thinking that solar panels and windmills will solve our problem, that's just plain out deceit.
"We want our money back."Sometimes it's hard to believe that that statement actually came from President Barack Obama. But then we remember that it came from the antibusiness sentiment of the Obama administration. President Obama gets a perverse sense of pleasure whenever he thinks that he can stick it to the banks. First, Obama thinks that he saved the American economy by bailing out the banks. Now, he wants Americans to think that banks are the root of evil in America today.
The Obama administration tries to grab credit for the reversal of the economic slowdown. Again this year, all the problems that Obama has her inherited from the Bush administration. However, if you take a second look, the economic slowdown began to accelerate when it was clear that Obama was going to become the next president of the United States. Companies uncertain of the economic future because of unknown level of taxes that would be forthcoming, there will be a lot of them, began to cut costs. Now, after hitting bottom of an 18 month recession, Obama takes all the credit. The Obama administration also takes credit for this stimulus bill working wonders as designed. Then in the next breath, people will claim that only 25% of the stimulus bill is been paid out. If it works out well at 25%, why not canceled the remaining 75%? What about making the taxpayer a whole on this issue?
President Barack Obama and the Democrat leaders in Congress are once again at the level of desperation for the healthcare insurance reform bill that has been going through Congress for about a year. Perhaps soon, we can get to the point to where the current bill will finally be defeated. Then, we can start over using bipartisan ideas of real reform that America will want and agree with.
Democrats still seem determined to shut this down the throats of an unwilling population for their own selfish interests. If this is such a good idea, why do we need all the payoffs? Why all the rides for the congressional votes? The administration is seeking passage of this bill purely for their own narcissistic views. They want a political victory. They want a political victory at any cost.
The Milwaukee public schools are set to improve starting this year. This of course, sounds like a headline from the Onion. And of course it could be. Whether it be here, at Logos of the Bogus, or the Onion, either way, it is a joke.
MPS just went through a superintendent selection process. By the early part of last week, the board had their selection arrow down to three worthy candidates-one who can't manage money, someone who cheats on his taxes, or someone who just did a poor job in general. And taking its cue from the legislative process, the board late on Friday night. They chose a guy who can't manage money.
The Democrat arrogance that has been emanating in this country has also been greatly slowed down. The political parties nationalized the Senate race in Massachusetts. It became a referendum on Obama care. The citizens of Massachusetts became a voice for the nation and spoke loudly and clearly that Congress and the Obama administration must take a new direction for America to be successful.
Running on a platform of being the 41st vote to stop the healthcare monstrosity that is currently going through Congress helped elect Scott Brown. Also on the Brown platform is concern about huge budget deficits, national security, and the statement economy. All were to be addressed by the Obama administration but instead he made the "jobs" priority low on his to do list while he turned practically single-mindedly towards passing the healthcare reform bill. Obama bet his presidency on it, and now it looks like he has lost.